Thursday, September 18, 2014

Schoooooool. And the last couple days.

I'm sorry.... I know I kind of promised a post yesterday, but I was tired, and had to wake up early for school. Tonight we had dinner fairly early (early meaning 9:15ish here), so I have time to update you guys on my last couple days of Spain, and also a update on my first day of school, before I have to go to bed (p.s I'm exhausted).
So let's begin where I left off last: Tuesday. On Tuesday afternoon, I went to Sabi to see my friends (what I do pretty much everyday). That afternoon, before I left my house, I had done a hair wrap thing. It's pretty much a small braid that you wrap in colorful string, and when I was in Cali, it was a normal thing for me to do... When I went with my friends, they noticed it right away, and got really excited. I had some string with me, so I proceeded to wrap alllll of my friends hair. No joke guys. From 5:30 to 9:00 I wrapped hair. I got reallllly tired, but it was super cool, because I felt like I was sharing a little bit of California with them (even if they do have them here too). It also felt good to do something nice for them because they have welcomed me completely with open arms, and made me feel so comfortable when I should probably be really scared. So the pain and exhaustion of my hands was completely worth it because I want them all to know how completely grateful I am. It's kind of stupid, because making braids seems like a really little thing, but it was nice, I got to have mini conversations with all of them, and even if it was not my favorite activity, I still got to be with all of them. 
Around 9:00 my host parents picked me up, and I went back to my house to change into warmer clothes. It's pretty much already autumn here, and I am one of those stereotypical teenage girls who loves autumn (it's just sooo pretty), so I was super happy wearing an oversized sweater, skinny jeans and boots (no one really cares about my outfit besides me, but it made me happy so I thought I'd share). After changing, I went back to Sabi to have dinner with my friends at a cute little pizza place. It isn't exactly Saucy, but it'll do(: It was actually quite delicious, and I really enjoyed hanging out and having dinner with my friends. After dinner, we went to a little bar nearby, and my friends bought me a mint tea because I had done so many braids that afternoon. It was really sweet. Then we hung out in the upstairs area of the bar, which has nice couches and such, and just talked and goofed around until around 12 when my host mom came and got me. 
Yesterday, I slept in much later than I wanted to. Back home, my mom always makes me start waking up early a couple days before school starts so that I can alter my sleep schedule a bit in advance. I really wanted to do that here, but I guess I didn't want it enough because I "forgot" to set an alarm, and slept in until almost 12. And I hadn't even gone to sleep late. I got almost a full 12 hours of sleep. It was amazing. 
I had a small breakfast, so that I would still be hungry for lunch, and I got some stuff ready for school. After lunch and siesta, my host dad drove me to Sabi for my last afternoon of summer with my friends. First we went to a park, and then my friends Blanca and Maria took me to what is possibly the coolest place ever; this super little super cute tea bar. They ordered for me, since I had no idea what I wanted (I've found that having locals order food, drinks etc for you is the best, because otherwise you would experience so much less when you play it safe by ordering a coca cola every time), and we drank our tea upstairs on little cushions and it was just an absolutely lovely way to end summer. After we were finished at the teteria, we went to the Consti (the main plaza in Sabi), with a couple of our other friends, and hung out there until 9, when my host parents came to get me. Last night I went to bed around 12, and this morning I had to wake up at 7:15, which is no fun, but also is wayyyy better than 6 o'clock like Im used to in California. In the morning I went to school, and I got there kind of early so none of my friends had arrived yet. Which was no fun. So I waited outside in the front until I saw Maria, and then went in with her. My classes are kind of a blur, as far as what exactly they were and who exactly my teachers were, and honestly I think I'd bore you if I try to go into detail, so I'm just going to give you the highlights. I sit with my friends in all of my classes. Which is awesome. Also for the most part, I really like my teachers. I especially like my Math teacher. She is really friendly, and came over to my desk a lot to make sure that I understood the worksheet that we were doing. I've never really had such a great appreciation for math. In the U.S I sort of liked it, and I was sort of okay at it. Like I could get a good grade, but I really had to work for it. Here, I went through I think 3 classes of barely understanding what my teachers were saying, and then went into a class and was handed a piece of paper covered in numbers. That I understood. It was amazing, and it felt great to take a break from using the learning Spanish part of my brain, and exercise a different part. I haven't had English class yet, I'll have that tomorrow, but I have the sneaking suspicion that I will enjoy that as well. All in all, it was school, all of the teachers misspronounced my name (or just called me Carol), but I'm also I'm Spain. That's kind of been my motto lately. If there's something that disappoints me a little bit, I'm just like yeah maybe that's not the best, but I'm in SPAIN for Pete's sake. Keep your head up, you're living the dream. And it works, I am so amazingly happy. Today when I got home, I was completely exhausted, and I slept for about am hour durning siesta. It was very nice. After siesta I went for a walk with my host parents, had dinner, and that brings us to now, sitting on the couch with my host parents, half watching some Spanish drama, half texting my Spanish friends, half blogging. That's three halves and doesn't really make sense, but like I said I did math today and after not doing math for 4 months, my brain can't handle anymore of it.
Anyways, until next time (I won't promise tomorrow because I have dinner plans and who knows), Zeph

No comments:

Post a Comment