Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Un Buen Dia

Hi everyone! So I guess that my post from yesterday "When Things Don't Go As Planned" did not post, so today you get two posts! Yay! 
Today, I woke up around 10:30 to go running. I just ran around the area that I live in, which is called Latas, for about 30 minutes. It's crazy, I'm really not used to the elevation here, and running was awful. I could feel my heart having to work 20 times harder, and it took a lot of effort to run just for 30 minutes! The good thing about this, is that when I return to Ukiah after this year, running will be very easy! The girls here don't really run, so they think it's strange that I do. I'm okay with that. Here, and back home for that matter, I am used to being different. The views on my run were absolutely beautiful! The views in general here are gorgeous! I will never get bored of seeing the Pyrenees every day. 
After running, my host mom and I went to the pool and to tan. I burned... Whooooops. It's not painful though so I'm fine. We stayed at the pool for about an hour, and then went back to our house to have lunch. Today we had spinach with shrimp and some other kind of fish (I'm really not sure what it was). It was very good, just like everything else here. During siesta, I texted my friend María to make plans to hang out, and my host mom slept. Around 5:00, I got ready, and we drove to Sabi. I met María and Andrea in the plaza and we went to a nearby shop to buy snacks and then went to meet up with other friends. We walked around Sabi for a while, I got the full tour, it was very cool. The town seems very large to me, since it is unfamiliar, but they assure me that it will seem very small once I get to know it. We sat in a park for a while just talking, mostly they wanted to know about California. It's cool, because when I don't know a word, they act it out or explain it to me, and then ask me what it is in English. That way, we both learn something new. I really like it. 
Afterwards, we went back to the little store that we were first at. I asked María what was good, and she told me that I had to try ham flavored potato chips because they do not have them in America. I also got some little candies. I ordered it myself, which was very scary, but very exciting also. The chips were actually very yummy, and the small candies were too! And very cheap! I payed .85 EUR for the chips and 6 or 7 little candies! Que baratoooo jajaj (:
Afterwards, we went to a park near my school. It's very pretty there, I will post a picture below. After that, we went back to the place we were at yesterday, with the stairs and such (I still don't know what it is really), where some other people were. I met a few new people, but most of them I already met yesterday. We sat around and talked for a while, and it was very fun.
It's super great, I understand so much more than I did when I first got here, even though that was only two days ago! Even my host mom told me today that I speak much better Spanish than I did when I first arrived, which is pretty much the best compliment ever. So hanging out with people is way more fun, because I actually understand a lot of what they are saying! It's great! I'm having such a good time here! I didn't want to have too high of expectations about what it would be like, but e reality of the situation surpasses all expectations that I could possibly have. I love love love it here. 
For dinner, we had chicken kabobs, and a simple salad, and French fries and cheese. It was all superrrr delicious. I have to wake up early tomorrow to go to Jaca, so I am going to leave you all now. Hasta pronto! Zeph (everyone calls me Zeph here because Zephyr is pretty difficult for them. But that's okay, I love it)



Even the water fountains are different!

Con estas guapas😘😘

The original "Cheers Bar" in Sabi, of course.

Mi escuela!

A park near my school

Que raroooo!

1 comment:

  1. Mi gusta mucho la foto de usted y su grupo! Todos son muy bonitas!! Tal vez algunos se empezar a correr con usted. :) Que tiempo hace ? Todavía es muy caliente aquí durante el día, pero agradable y fresco por la noche. ¿Cuándo comienza la escuela? No sé cómo decir esto en español, así que voy a cambiar a Inglés: sounds like you are having a great time, learning tons, and squeezing as much as you possibly can into every day. So very happy for you!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete